The Three Lions are alive after sailing through the quarterfinals with an extended 4-0 victory over Ukraine
England continue their quest to bring ‘football’ home when they welcome Denmark to Wembley for Wednesday’s Euro 2020 semi-final.
While the home crowd will be in a waiting mood after the victory in Ukraine, Gareth Southgate will not take anything for granted as his team played away 0-0 and lost 1-0 at home in last year’s Nations League matches with Denmark.
Nevertheless, he can rely on the only defense that has allowed a single goal so far in the tournament, and has conceded just once in their last 11 games in total.
Since the Reds and Whites have conceded just once in the three games since kicking off the tournament with two consecutive defeats, another close encounter seems likely.
Here’s how to watch England vs. Denmark in India.
- What time is England vs Denmark?
- How to watch England vs Denmark
- Where will England take on Denmark?
- England vs Denmark: team news and statistics
|Games||England vs Denmark|
|Date||Thursday 8 July|
In India, the Euros are broadcast live on the Sony Pictures Sports Network (SPSN). It is broadcast live in the SonyLIV app.
|TV channels||Online streaming|
|Sony Ten 2 SD in HD, Sony Ten 3 SD in HD (Hindi)||SonyLIV, Jio TV|
Comments are also available in the languages of India.
|Malayalam and Bengali TV channels||Tamil and Telugu TV channels|
|Sony Six SD and HD||Sony Ten 4 SD and HD|
Wembley Stadium | London | England
Capacity: 54.990 | reduced to 25% capacity, subject to increase
Games: Group stage, last 16, semi-final and final (eight matches)
Year of construction: 2007
Wembley will host a total of eight matches in Euro 2020, including a final 16 match, the semi-final and the final. It started with three games in Group D, where he shared hosting duties with Scottish Hampden Park.
The London venue would initially have hosted only the semi-finals and final, but four extra matches were awarded after the exclusion of Brussels as host city and another when Dublin was removed as host.
It was rebuilt in 2007, and is one of the largest football stadiums in the world and second in Barcelona’s Camp Nou in terms of the largest arenas in Europe.
Jadon Sancho hopes to retain his place in the squad after impressing on his first start of the tournament against Ukraine, with Bukayo Saka undoubtedly.
Andreas Christensen needs to be fit to start, despite being injured in the final stages of the quarter-final victory over the Czech Republic, while Daniel Wass and Yussuf Poulsen are also back in contention after appearing in the bench. has.
- England have won just one of their last six competitive matches with Denmark (D3 L2), with that victory being at the 2002 World Cup (3-0).
- All seven of the matches between England and Denmark at Wembley Stadium ended 1-0, with England winning five for Denmark’s two. Denmark have won their last two competitive matches against England in the stadium (1983 and 2020), and no team has ever won three consecutive matches against the Three Lions at Wembley.
- Harry Kane has been involved in 27 goals (18 goals, 9 shots) in his last 26 games for England. He has nine goals in major tournaments (6 World Cups, 3 EURO), with only Gary Lineker still scoring such goals for England (10).
- Kasper Dolberg has three goals for Denmark in EURO 2020 – only two Danish players have previously scored more in a single edition of a major tournament (World Cup / EURO), with Preben Elkjær Larsen (1986 World Cup) and Jon Dahl Tomasson (World Cup 2002 ) Cup) who each scored four.