web statistic
Soccer News

Sassuolo rejects Juventus’ € 30m bid for Locatelli

The midfielder has also been linked with Arsenal as he approaches a move after hosting the Euro this summer

Sassuolo turned down Juventus’ € 30m bid (£ 26m / $ 35m) for Manuel Locatelli, and talks between the two parties continue.

Juventus’ offer was a two-year loan with an obligation to buy, but Sassuolo refused the initial offer. Goal can confirm.

The club is looking for a permanent sale and a price closer to € 40 million (£ 34 million / $ 47 million) for Locatelli, who wants to play in Champions League football next season.

A saga that develops?

Juve are not the only club for Locatelli, who have also been linked with Arsenal in recent weeks.

Sassuolo CEO Giovanni Carnevali admitted last week that the club was in negotiations with Juve and an overseas suitor in recent weeks.

Carnevali also said Locatelli’s future after the Euros would be decided, with Italy triumphing over England to win the summer tournament on Sunday.

Locatelli has since spoken out, says Juventus’ interest “is pleasant”.

He further said that he still has to decide what his next step could be.

Locatelli’s career so far

Locatelli has been with Sassuolo since he was originally loaned to Milan in 2018, with the move permanent one year later.

He made 99 total appearances and scored seven goals while establishing himself with the Italian national team.

The 23-year-old midfielder made his debut in Italy in 2019 before earning a place in this summer’s group at the Euros, where he has twice won over Switzerland.

He started two of Italy’s group stage matches before coming off the bench three times in the knockout rounds, including in the final against England.

Further reading



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button