web statistic
Soccer News

Allegri addresses Ronaldo’s retirement after Juventus suffered a shock defeat against Empoli

The Italian manager has warned that his team must quickly move away from the loss of a key player after seeing a setback in Serie A again.

Massimiliano Allegri addresses Cristiano Ronaldo’s departure from Juventus after their shock 1-0 defeat against Empoli on Saturday.

Ronaldo reached an agreement to rejoin Manchester United last week, after informing Juve officials about his desire to leave the club, with his three-year visit to Turin officially coming to an end before the summer transfer window closes on 31 August.

The Portuguese came off the bench during Juve’s 2-2 draw with Udinese on the first weekend of the new Serie A season, but he was absent for their trip to Empoli, which ended in a 1-0 win against Allegri’s team scored.

What was said?

The Juve boss admits Ronaldo has left a big hole in his squad, but he is confident he will bounce back and enjoy a successful 2021-22 campaign.

“Cristiano spent three years at Juventus; he scored goals, with which he is very good, he is an exceptional player, but we can not think of Ronaldo from now on,” said Allegri. DAZN after-match.

“I have a good team, we just have to realize that we can not just dominate every game. We have to come together, and that will help us for the future. I am always optimistic.”

The Italian tactician added what went wrong against Empoli: “The boys started strong, they conceded at the first mistake, but then in a hurry. We have to have the patience to be calm, to play as a team and not trying to solve things as individuals.

“We have to work on our solidity, but these two deviations will inevitably do us good. It is a strong team, it has values ​​and gradually it will emerge. Empoli leaves a lot of spaces on the wings, but the things we did really badly were technical errors because we were insane.

‘We can not accept that we will take the lead and control every game; we need the calm that a good team has, knowing we can overthrow it. ‘

What’s next for Juve?

Juve will now have time to reflect on their poor start to the season as the international break takes effect, and Allegri’s squad should only be back in action in Napoli on September 12.

Further reading



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button