Bangladesh will present New Zealand for a five-game T20I series from September 1st to 10th. The Black Caps arrive in Dhaka on August 24 and play a warm-up match before their regular series against the Tigers.
The T20I leg will be part of the preparation of both teams for the upcoming T20 World Cup, which will take place from 17 October to 14 November in the UAE and Oman.
The tour ends just nine days before the UAE leg of IPL 2021, which begins on September 19th. This is the first tour of New Zealand to Bangladesh since 2013, when they played two Tests, three ODIs and one T20I. While the Test series ended in a draw, Bangladesh won the one-day series 3-0 and New Zealand won the only T20I match.
“The New Zealand series is Bangladesh’s last chance to test themselves and find the best combination for the World Cup in Oman and the UAE. “England’s tour from September to October has been postponed until March 2023 so that players in Bangladesh can get a breather and open the doors for IPL-bound players,” said BCB as he announced the itinerary for the 2021 tour in New Zealand.
New Zealand’s Tour of Bangladesh’s 2021 Schedule:
- T20 Warm-up: 29 August, BKSP Cricket Ground, Dhaka
- 1st T20I: September 1, Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
- 2nd T20I: September 3, Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
- 3rd T20I: September 5, Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
- 4th T20I: September 8, Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
- 5th T20I: September 10, Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka