The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) announced the matches of their men’s team for next summer. Team In the, who is currently playing a series of five Tests against the host, returns to England to play six white ball matches in July 2022.
The season will break out with England closing horns with World Test champions – New Zealand -in a three-match Test series. After the Tests in New Zealand and the series with limited overs against India, the three lions will take on the fight. South Africa in a full-fledged series consisting of three tests and as many ODIs and T20Is.
While the revelations were being made, the ECB’s CEO Tom Harrison said: ‘It was a brilliant summer of cricket and it was so good to see crowds unpacking from the city later this summer.
‘For next summer, I’m delighted to be able to confirm three high – quality international touring men’s teams for 2022, starting with a three-Test LV = Insurance Series against the World Test Champions, New Zealand.
“We are also looking forward to India returning for two white ball series before hosting South Africa for the series which will be promised in three formats, including three LV = Insurance Test Matches.”
The ECB has also confirmed that the final match of Vitality T20 Blast will be played on Saturday 16 July at Edgbaston Stadium.
English men’s home schedule for the 2022 season
Series against New Zealand
- 1st Test: June 2-6, Lord’s
- 2nd Test: June 10-14, Trent Bridge
- 3rd Test: June 23-27, Headingley
Series against India
- 1st T20I: July 1, Old Trafford
- 2nd T20I: July 3, Trent Bridge
- 3rd T20I: July 6, The Ageas Bowl
- 1st ODI: July 9, Edgbaston
- 2nd ODI: July 12, Kia Oval
- 3rd ODI: July 14, Lord’s
Series against South Africa
- 1st ODI: July 19, Riverside Ground
- 2nd ODI: July 22, Old Trafford
- 3rd ODI: July 24, Headingley
- 1st T20I: July 27, Bristol
- 2nd T20I: July 28, Sophia Gardens
- 3rd T20I: July 31, The Ageas Bowl
- 1st Test: August 17-21, Lord’s
- 2nd Test: August 25-29, Edgbaston
- 3rd Test: September 8-12, The Oval