La Albiceleste wheeled Bolivia 4-1 when captain Lionel Messi hit a prop in the quarter-finals.
Argentina and Ecuador will be in action on Sunday in the Copa America 2021 quarter-final at Estadio Olimpico Pedro Ludovico in Goiânia, Brazil.
Since Lionel Scaloni’s 1-1 draw against Chile in their opening competition, he has bounced back with three wins on the run. Lionel Messi took the lead in the 4-1 victory over Bolivia with a prop of his own. They also defeated Uruguay and Paraguay 1-0.
Ecuador finished fourth in Group B and have yet to win a match in the tournament, but once again hosted versatile exhibits en route to the final eight. The main performance was when they drew Brazil 1-1 in their last group match.
Here’s how to watch Argentina vs. Ecuador in India.
- What time is Argentina vs Ecuador?
- How to watch TV and live stream in India
- Argentina vs Ecuador: team news and statistics
|Games||Argentina vs Ecuador|
|Date||Sunday 4 July|
In India, the Copa America 2021 will be broadcast live on the Sony Pictures Sports Network (SPSN). It is broadcast live in the SonyLIV app.
|TV channels||Online streaming|
|Sony Ten 2 SD and HD||SonyLIV, Jio TV|
Comments are also available in the languages of India.
|Malayalam and Bengali TV channels||Tamil and Telugu TV channels|
|Sony Six SD and HD||Sony Ten 4 SD and HD|
Cristian Romero and Angel Di Maria are expected to be fit for the draw. Lisandro Martinez and Nicolas Otamendi are likely to be part of the backline. The manager, Luis Scaloni, must appeal to Guido Rodriguez or Leandro Paredes.
Moises Caicedo is a doubt for Ecuador, as the Brighton star was drawn against Brazil. Angel Mena can get a start after scoring a goal against Brazil. Carlos Gruezo had to join the group after Damian Diaz’s Covid-19. infection. Also inside Valencia is a dubious starter against Argentina after suffering a concussion in the previous match.
- Argentina defeated Ecuador 21 of the 36 times they faced, while the latter won five times while ten matches ended in a draw.
- The last time the two sides met, Argentina scored it with a lone goal by Lionel Messi, who has three goals and two assistants to his name in the Copa America 2021.
- The two goals against Bolivia helped Lionel Messi surpass Indian talisman forward Sunil Chhetri’s international goals (74). With 75 goals now, Messi is third behind Ali Mabkhout (76) of the UAE among the list of active international soccer players for men who see Cristiano Ronaldo on top with 109 goals.
- The 4-1 victory over Bolivia was the first time in 13 games that Argentina scored more than two goals in a game. The last time they scored more than two goals was in a 6-1 victory over Ecuador.