The Three Lions are through to their first major final since 1966 …
England will hope to bring football ‘home’ when they take on Italy at Wembley in Sunday’s Euro 2020 final.
After passing 2-1 in the semi-finals after extra time, Gareth Southgate’s team is now up against an opponent who is currently enjoying their unbeaten streak. Roberto Mancini’s men have conceded just ten goals in their 33 appearances since they last suffered a defeat.
However, the Azzurri should also try to break down a backline from the host that has conceded just two goals in 12 games and that has yet to be conceded in public in the tournament. Italy also conceded just three goals in the tournament.
Here’s how to see Italy vs. England in India.
- What time is Italy vs England?
- How to watch Italy vs England
- Where will Italy take on England?
- Italy vs England: team news and statistics
|Games||Italy vs England|
|Date||Monday 12 July|
In India, the Euros are broadcast live on the Sony Pictures Sports Network (SPSN). It is broadcast live in the SonyLIV app.
|TV channels||Online streaming|
|Sony Ten 2 SD and HD, Sony Ten 3 SD and HD (Hindi)||SonyLIV, Jio TV|
Comments are also available in the languages of India.
|Malayalam and Bengali TV channels||Tamil and Telugu TV channels|
|Sony Six SD and HD||Sony Ten 4 SD and HD|
Wembley Stadium | London | England
Capacity: 54.990 | reduced to 25% capacity, subject to increase
Games: Group stage, last 16, semi-final and final (eight matches)
Year of construction: 2007
Wembley will host the eighth match at Euro 2020 on Sunday. It started with three games in Group D, where he shared hosting duties with Scottish Hampden Park.
The London venue would initially have hosted only the semi-finals and final, but four extra matches were awarded after the exclusion of Brussels as host city and another when Dublin was removed as host.
It was rebuilt in 2007, and is one of the largest football stadiums in the world and second in Barcelona’s Camp Nou in terms of the largest arenas in Europe.
Gareth Southgate is likely to stick to the same line-up as against Denmark, though he may also choose to return to a back-to-back try.
Federico Chiesa will be judged after getting a knock in the semi-final over Spain, while Alessandro Florenzi is still doubtful. Lorenzo Pellegrini and Leonardo Spinazzola are both ruled out.
- It will be England’s first time ever in a European final, and their first time in the final of a major tournament since the 1966 World Cup. This is the longest gap between major finals (World Cup / EURO) for any European country (55 years).
- Italy finished on two occasions as the runners-up in the European Championship and lost to France in 2000 and Spain in 2012. Only Germany and the USSR (three each) finished more than second in the competition.
- England’s Raheem Sterling (32) tried to make more attacks than any other player at EURO 2020. Seven of these were in the opposition penalty area (the most common), one of which led to England’s penalty against Denmark in the semi-final leading up to them. led purpose led.
- Italy, Roberto Mancini, will be only the second driver to win the English title in the top flight to take the lead from a European country in a final tournament (World Cup / EURO), after Alf Ramsey who won the English title in the conquered top flight with Ipswich. and the 1966 World Cup with England.