La Roja have been in good form and have scored five goals or more in both of their previous two Euro 2020 tires.
Switzerland’s reward for the spectacular knockout of France in the last 16 of Euro 2020, is a quarter-final with Spain in St. Petersburg on Friday.
Vladimir Petkovic’s side is a clear outsider against the European champions of 1964, 2008 and 2012, but the Swiss will not have won against the current World Cup.
Luis Enrique’s men gradually improved as the competition progressed, and after drawing twice in their first two games, Spain scored five goals in each of their last two games.
Here’s how to watch Switzerland vs. Spain in India.
- What time is Switzerland vs Spain?
- How to watch Switzerland against Spain
- Where will Switzerland take on Spain?
- Switzerland vs Spain: team news and statistics
|Games||Switzerland vs Spain|
|Date||Friday 2 July|
In India, the Euros are broadcast live on the Sony Pictures Sports Network (SPSN). It is broadcast live in the SonyLIV app.
|TV channels||Online streaming|
|Sony Ten 2 SD in HD, Sony Ten 3 SD in HD (Hindi)||SonyLIV, Jio TV|
Comments are also available in the languages of India.
|Malayalam and Bengali TV channels||Tamil and Telugu TV channels|
|Sony Six SD and HD||Sony Ten 4 SD and HD|
Krestovsky Stadium | Saint Petersburg | Russia
Capacity: 68,134 | reduced to 50% capacity, subject to increase
Games: Group Stage and Quarterfinals (Seven Matches)
Year of construction: 2017
The Krestovsky Stadium in St. Petersburg, Russia, will host this Euro 2020 quarter-final after hosting three matches in Group B, as well as three matches in Group E.
The Krestovsky Stadium, one of the newest stadiums of the 12 used by UEFA, was built in anticipation of the 2018 World Cup, where it hosted seven matches, including the play-off match in third place.
It is home to the Russian giants Zenit and the Russian national team also occasionally plays there.
Switzerland will be without Granit Xhaka who was suspended due to his yellow card during the victory over France.
Spain have no injuries before the clash, and Luis Enrique can appeal to all 24 members of his group.
- This is the first meeting between Switzerland and Spain during the European Championships. Their three previous events in a major tournament were in the 1966, 1994 and 2010 World Cups, with Spain winning the first two and Switzerland winning the last time.
- Spain became the first team in the European Championship to score 5+ goals in consecutive matches. They have not scored more than four goals in any of their first 42 matches in the competition.
- Álvaro Morata has so far had more shots (15) and shots (8) at EURO 2020 than any other Spanish player, and he is also Spain’s joint highest scorer at this tournament (2). However, the other two players with two goals for Spain (Pablo Sarabia and Ferran Torres) had fewer shots (13) and shots (7) combined than Morata.
- Swiss Haris Seferovic has scored three goals in his last two matches at the European Championships, after scoring just one in his first 13 matches at major tournaments (World Cup / Euro). The only Swiss player to score in a major tournament in three consecutive matches was Josef Hügi in the 1954 World Cup.