After claiming a big scalp in Germany, Gareth Southgate’s men will see a spot in the semi-finals …
After the euphoria of overcoming Germany in the round of 16, England must now turn their attention to Saturday’s Euro 2020 quarter-final against Ukraine.
The mood in the Three Lions camp is high after they achieved a first victory in their result over their old rivals, and with 2-0 winners trotted out in front of a passionate home crowd at Wembley.
Ukraine will be expected to line up a defense team similar to the one that secured a 2-1 victory over Sweden in overtime on Tuesday.
Here’s how to watch Ukraine vs. England in India.
- What time is Ukraine vs England?
- How to watch Ukraine vs England
- Where will Ukraine take on England?
- Ukraine vs England: team news and statistics
|Games||Ukraine vs England|
|Date||Sunday 4 July|
In India, the Euros are broadcast live on the Sony Pictures Sports Network (SPSN). It is broadcast live in the SonyLIV app.
|TV channels||Online streaming|
|Sony Ten 2 SD in HD, Sony Ten 3 SD in HD (Hindi)||SonyLIV, Jio TV|
Comments are also available in the languages of India.
|Malayalam and Bengali TV channels||Tamil and Telugu TV channels|
|Sony Six SD and HD||Sony Ten 4 SD and HD|
Olympic Stadium | Rome | Italy
Capacity: 72,698 | reduced to 25% capacity, subject to increase
Games: Group Stage and Quarterfinal (Four Matches)
Year of construction: 1937 (renovated in 1953 and 1990)
Olympic Stadium in Rome, Italy, is the venue for the quarter-final between Ukraine and England after hosting three Euro 2020 matches in Group A (duties shared with Baku’s Olympic Stadium).
It was four times the venue for the final of the European Cup / Champions League (1977, 1984, 1996 and 2009), as well as the presentation of the final of the European Championship in 1980 and the final of the World Cup in 1990.
Together with Parken Stadium, Hampden Park and the Johan Cruyff Arena, Stadio Olimpico represents one of four stadiums used in the 20th century.
Artem Besedin has been ruled out for six months due to the knee injury caused by Markus Danielsson’s red card tackle against Sweden, while Andriy Yarmolenko will be judged after he was knocked out in that match and Oleksandr Zubkov is also doubtful.
Mason Mount will hope to return to the lineup after only returning on the day of the German game of COVID-19 isolation, although Declan Rice and Kieran Trippier may not be ventured after the end of the game struggled for fitness.
- England lost just one of their seven matches with Ukraine in all competitions (W4 D2), and lost 0-1 in a qualifying World Cup in October 2009. The last two matches between the sides are a draw, and this is the first meeting since September 2013 (0-0 in Kiev).
- Ukraine have scored just three goals in their seven meetings with England and never more than once in a match. The last four meetings between the parties yielded only four goals in total (2 each).
- Raheem Sterling has so far scored three of England’s four goals at EURO 2020, while only two players have ever scored more for the Three Lions in a single edition at the tournament – Alan Shearer in 1996 (5) and Wayne Rooney in 2004 ( 4).
- Andriy Yarmolenko helped five of the eight European goals in Ukraine (two) or (three). In fact, five goals are equal to Andriy Shevchenko (4 goals, 1 assist) for most by a Ukrainian player at major tournaments (World Cup and EUROs).