Messi and Neymar stand together for their first appearance together since their time in Barcelona in 2017
PSG, with Lionel Messi and Neymar back at their disposal, begin their group stage campaign for the Champions League for 2021-22 at Club Brugge on Wednesday, while French superstar Kylian Mbappe is already breaking the net in the absence of the South American duo.
It will undoubtedly be an uphill task for the Belgian team against the French giants, although they are tied after a 3-0 win over Ostend in the Belgian Pro League.
Here’s how you can watch Club Brugge and Paris Saint-Germain in the 2021-22 Champions League from India.
- What time is Club Brugge vs Paris Saint-Germain?
- How to watch Club Brugge vs PSG in India
- Club Brugge vs PSG: Team news and statistics
|Games||Club Brugge vs Paris Saint-Germain|
|Date||Thursday, 16 September|
The Sony Pictures Sports Network (SPSN) has the rights to show UEFA Champions League matches in India.
Matches will also be available to stream via SonyLIV app en website, besides JioTV mobile app, which allows fans to watch multiple games at once and watch the replay of matches.
|TV channels (English)||Online streaming|
|Sony Ten 3 SD and HD||SonyLIV / JioTV|
Philippe Clement will hope to play his strongest XI, but may have to do without the injured Colombian wing Jose Izquierdo.
Most importantly, Messi and Neymar are fit and available for PSG, and this may be the first time MNM is in action.
- Club Brugge and Paris Saint-Germain tackle each other in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League for a second season, having previously done so in 2019-20. The French team won both matches in the campaign with a total score of 6-0.
- Paris Saint-Germain have played six matches against Belgian rivals in the UEFA Champions League, winning five and drawing once. They scored 21 goals in those six games, conceding just one goal in return.
- It could be Lionel Messi’s 150th appearance in the UEFA Champions League, and not even with Barcelona, who scored 120 goals and gave 35 assists in the competition between 2004 and 2021. However, Messi has never played against a Belgian team in the competition. against teams from all 17 other countries he has faced.
- Since the start of the 2017/18 campaign, only Robert Lewandowski (39) has been directly involved in more goals in the UEFA Champions League than PSG’s Kylian Mbappé (37 – 21 goals, 16 assists).