Mithali Raj On Saturday, she set a new batting record when she became the leading run-scorer in international cricket for women in formats, surpassing the former English captain. Charlotte Edwards.
Raj and Edwards are the only two batsmen to reach the 10,000 runs in international women’s cricket. The Indian captain climbed to the top by leaving Edwards’ score of 10,273 runs behind.
In the third and final one-dayer against England, Mithali scored an unbeaten half-century, 75 not out, to give her team a consolation victory in the three-match series.
Mithali’s record beating helped India Women hit the target by 220 runs by four wickets. The match was reduced to 47 overs per side due to rain.
After being rewarded as the ‘Player of the Match’, Mithali said she wanted to stay in the middle until the end and win the match for her team.
“I never gave up in the middle. It’s to be in the middle because you can not win the match that sits in the excavation. I wanted to win the match for the team, “ Mithali said during the presentation of the match.
Here’s how Twitter responds:
Top runners in international cricket:
Men’s Cricket – Sachin Tendulkar (34357 runs)
Women’s Cricket – Mithali Raj (10278 * runs)
– Sampath Bandarupalli (@SampathStats) 3 July 2021
– Isabelle Westbury (@izzywestbury) 3 July 2021
– S. Badrinath (@s_badrinath) 4 July 2021
Leader in every front 💪
– Chennai Super Kings – Mask P Whdu Whistle P🥳du! (@ChennaiIPL) 3 July 2021
– CricketTimes.com (@CricketTimesHQ) 4 July 2021
What a champion @ M_Raj03. Simply the best. So calm, so sure in a rush. No big celebration, no plays, just a work done. Superstar of the game.
– Harsha Bhogle (bhogleharsha) 3 July 2021
– Wasim Jaffer (@ WasimJaffer14) 3 July 2021
The 38-year-old captain, run-chase, scored 75 * (86), winning the game of the match, a day to remember for Fantastic Mithali Raj.
– Johns. (@CricCrazyJohns) 3 July 2021
– Rajasthan Royals (@rajasthanroyals) 3 July 2021
Mithali Raj shows that we should not lose patience with our experienced stars in our excitement about young talent. Encourage the youth, but do not write off seniors, one of the oldest lessons of cricket. @ M_Raj03
– Mohammad Kaif (@MohammadKaif) 3 July 2021
This is the 1200th ODI match in women’s cricket.
Mithali Raj debuted in 298th ODI while Jhulan Goswami debuted in 382nd ODI. Both also played in the 400th, 500th, 600th ODI contest.
– Krithika (@ krithika0808) 3 July 2021
– Reema Malhotra (@ ReemaMalhotra8) 3 July 2021
Share with a cricket fan!
Read the following article
↓↓ Role down
For latest cricket news and updates, subscribe to us Daily newsletter.